History Of Our Institution
bout Two Hundred Years ago was born a Genius by the name Ramakrishnamacharalu in the Machalipattinam in Krishna district of Andra Pradesh in India. An enlightened scholar and a great physician, he was well known as an expert in pulse reading. He was a dedicated crusader of the sick and used to go around the surrounding villages to tend to the poor and the needy. People used to flock to him for his simple yet effective treatment and his Humanitarian loving care. As he grew old, people as a sign of gratitude presented a piece of land to him for his medical practice and started coming to him. This was probably the first foundation stone of the future to come.
VAIDYA RAMAKRISHNAMACHARULU & WIFE IN 1850
- Born about 200 years ago in Machalipattinam, Krishna district, Andra pradesh in India.
- An enlightened scholar and a great physician.
- An expert in pulse reading.
- A dedicated crusader of the sick.
- He used to go around the surrounding villages to tend to the
poor and the needy.
- Simple yet effective treatment and his humanitarian loving care.
- As a sign of gratitude presented a piece of land to him
for his medical practice the first foundation stone of the future shree hospitals
MILESTONES IN THE FIELD OF EDUCATION:
- Founded madras Ayurvedic laboratory.
- Founded madras Ayurvedic college in 1901.
- President of first Ayurvedic all india conference in 1913.
- Presided over Haridwar conference in 1917.
- President of the first Ayurvedic conference, Bezawada, in 1917.
- Presided over Trivendrum conference in 1919.
- Organised the chennapuri Ayurveda prasarini sabha.
- Commenced a library of rare books.
- Commenced a museum of indigenous drugs.
- Authorised precious books in Ayurveda such as Madhva nidan, Arkaprakasika etc.
- Wrote commentaries on Charaka, Susruta & other ancient medical manuscript.
- A press ‘ Dhanvanthari ‘ was started, bimonthly news letter.“Sri Dhanvantari” was circulated in various vernacular languages to enlighten the masses.
MILESTONES IN THE FIELD OF MEDICAL PRACTICE :
- Discovery of haimadi panakam – an amazing cure for plague.
- Honorary chief physician of Sri Kanikaparameshvari devasthanam’s free Ayurvedic dispensary.
- Founded Ayurvedasramam in 1898.
- Established a free Ayurvedic hospital with ipd facilities.
Pandit D. Gopalacharalu
MILESTONES IN THE FIELD OF PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- A product of maharaja’s Ayurveda patashala – Mmysore
- Acquired title of ‘Ayurveda Vaidya Shiromani’ in 1893.
- Undertook all India tour , culminating in 1895
- Received gold medal from gadwal maharani for his services for combating plague.
- Conferred with the rare title of “ Bhishagamani” “Ayurveda Martanda” in 1907
- Honoured with the distingtion of “Vaidyaratna” by his majesty the king emperor george v in 1913
D.DESIKACHARULU & WIFE IN 1940
AYURVEDA MARTHANDA Dr.D.Desikacharulu
- Became the managing director of the company –1920
- Nourished the pharmacy to a well grown tree.
- Responsible for the name, fame, products for reaching
the four corners of India and neighboring countries like
Malaysia, Singapore, Burma,Ceylon, etc.
- Passed away in 1954 after successfully bringing the company to glorious heights.
- Took over the reins in 1954.
- Mechanization , beatification of packaging.
- Conservative approach, straight quality, work dedication.
- Managing director for longest period –42 years.
- Celebrated the diamond jublee in style – a land mark in history
even spoken about today- attended by Mysore Maharaja,
- Left for heavenly abode in 1996 December.
- Highlight: unique quality of minimum input,maximum output ,simplicity is next to godliness.
D.GOPALACHARULU & WIFE IN 1960’S
DR.D.DESIKACHARULU & DR.JAYASHREE IN 2000’S
- Dr.D.Desikachrulu director since 1978 7 Dr.D.Jayashree since 1996.
- Dr.D.Desikachrulu managing director since 1996,Dr.D.Jayashree since 2015
- Advantage of both traditional & professional knowledge.
- New infrastructure.
- They were one among the 13 delegates chosen from India for seminars and opening Ayurvedic colleges abroad through maharishi vedic university in both Europe and U.S.A.
- Grand and successful centenary celebration.
- Ayurvedic exhibition in 1998 centenary block in memory of the founder expanded the Ayurvedic health center.
- Opened the first and unique walk in Ayurvedic and alternative healing shopping center.
- Received the good manufacturing practice seal for the pharmacy.
- Expanded into Shree Ayurvedic Multispeciality hospital.
- Opened the herbal beauty parlor.
- Opened Ayur Ganga – Shree Ayurvedic Multispeciality hospital unit at Bangalore
- Formed the hill country health ventures, the expansion and franchise model for domestic and international market.
- The Ayur health circle for creating a platform for practitioners and public, to interact and spread the information and knowledge of prevention and cure as per the Ayurvedic sciences towards “health for all”